DateFriday, October 7, 2011
Time6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
LocationBlue Star Contemporary Art Center
Related ExhibitCHUCK RAMIREZ | Minimally Baroque
- Jun 4: “Everyday is Ordinary”
- Jun 4: “Transmission ”
- Jun 4: Cynthia Gregory: “Of Reference, Of Departure, Of Origin”
- Jun 4: “Emily Fleisher”
- More »
- May 5:
The Big Give
- May 20:
Red Dot 2015
- More »
- Feb 28, 2015-Jun 1, 2015: “Icon ” (Semmes Library)
Seniors & B-Cycle Members: $3
Military, Veterans, Students with ID and Blue Star Members: Free
First Friday - October 7, 2011
October 7th is First Friday!
What’s New This First Friday...
- Live music from David Gibson and Carlos Meza, presented by BONESHAKERS BICYCLE PUB
- October 7th is the last day to help La Tuna rebuild by purchasing a Blue Star membership. Any membership purchased between September 27th and October 7th will have 50% of the purchase price donated to La Tuna to help them rebuild their kitchen.
What is First Friday?
On the First Friday of every month Blue Star Contemporary Art Center stays open late, until 9 pm. Because all exhibitions open on the first Thursday of every month, there is always at least one new exhibition to see each First Friday. Often, Blue Star will offer live music, drinks, a raffle, a Membership special, or some other special event on First Friday. As a result, most of the other galleries and businesses within the Blue Star Arts Complex stay open late as well, with the celebration extending through the King William area. Due to high attendance, parking at the complex is limited.
116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204
(210) 227-6960 | Contact Us | Hours
Blue Star Contemporary gratefully acknowledges major support from the City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development; The Lifshutz Family; Ann Griffith Ash; The Brown Foundation, Inc.; Charles C. Butt; Capital Group; Penelope Speier and Sonny Collins; H-E-B; Ricos Products Co., Inc.; Valero Energy Corporation; and Weston Urban. Additional essential support is provided by 1010 South Flores Lofts and 1111 Austin Highway Lofts; Argo Group; Bury, Inc.; Casa Rio & Schilo's; C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc.; Pat and Geof Edwards; Frost Bank; King William Association; Muñoz and Company; The NRP Group, LLC; Rackspace; Silver Eagle Distributors; Strasburger & Price, LLP; Texas Commission on the Arts; and the Community Partners, Members, Individual Donors, and Board of Directors of Blue Star Contemporary.
© Contemporary Art For San Antonio 2015
- May 20: