DateFriday, November 5, 2010
Time6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
LocationBlue Star Contemporary Art Center
- May 31: Kathy Sosa: “Kathy Sosa”
- Jun 6: Sherry Owens: “Texas Tough: Sherry Owens - Origins”
- Jun 6: Sharon Kopriva: “Texas Tough: Sharon Kopriva - From Terra to Verde”
- Jun 6: Amita Bhatt: “Texas Tough: Amita Bhatt - Depends Who You Ask”
- Jun 6: Jill Bedgood: “Texas Tough: Jill Bedgood - Book of Hours: Intervention ”
- More »
Red Dot 2013
- More »
- Mar 22, 2013-Mar 1, 2014: “Art in the Garden 2013” (San Antonio Botanical Garden)
On First Friday, November 5, 2010, Blue Star Contemporary Art Center will keep the doors open an extra hour to welcome local rockers Sexto Soul who will perform live on the Blue Star patio at 9:00 pm as part of Red Bull's Mapa de los Muertos event. In honor of Dia de los Muertos, an altar created by the students of Blue Star's MOSAIC after-school studio art program will be on display outside of Blue Star throughout the evening.
This First Friday also marks the opening of Diversity, an exhibition of new work by the MOSAIC students in Gallery 4, as well as the last weekend to view exhibitions by Hills Snyder, Kathy Coiner, and Kimberly Aubuchon.
As always, First Friday at Blue Star Contemporary Art Center is presented free and is open to the public.
116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204
(210) 227-6960 | Contact Us | Hours
Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum is supported by: San Antonio Department of Cultural and Creative Development, The National Endowment for the Arts, Texas Commission on the Arts, Ricos Products Co., Inc., The Capital Group Company: Home of American Funds, H-E-B, Rackspace, NuStar Energy LP, Frost Bank, The Fund, The Smothers Foundation, Valero Energy, Strasburger Price Oppenheimer Blend, Alturas Foundation, Argo Group, The Flohr Family Foundation, RBC, Alamo Beer, Silver Eagle Distributors LP, Republic National Distributing Company, Hotel Valencia, Citrus at Hotel Valencia, Boeing Employee Community Fund, Blue Star Community Partners and the Blue Star Board of Directors and Members.
© Contemporary Art For San Antonio 2013