DateTuesday, February 25, 2014
LocationBlue Star Contemporary Art Museum
TicketsSuggested $5 Donation
- Dec 4: “Spatial Planes”
- Dec 4: Fernando Andrade: “Tierra y Libertad”
- Dec 4: Joe Lopez: “Joe Lopez”
- Dec 4: “Northern Triangle”
- More »
- Dec 2:
- Dec 13:
Exhibition Walk Through & Community Participation Day
- More »
- Feb 28, 2014-Jan 31, 2015: Richard Hunt: “Art in the Garden 2014” (San Antonio Botanical Garden)
- Jan 8: Granito: How to Nail a Dictator Film Screening
- Jan 22: Northern Triangle Panel Discussion Moderated by Erina Duganne
- » More
Seniors & B-Cycle Members: $3
Military, Veterans, Students with ID and Blue Star Members: Free
Blue Star hosts PechaKucha San Antonio Volume 13 on Tuesday, February 25th, 2014.
PechaKucha (Japanese for “chit chat”) is an event format developed by Tokyo’s Klein Dytham Architecture to encourage creative professionals to share projects and ideas that they are passionate about. Presentations follow a typical PowerPoint format, with the limitation that each presenter must have exactly 20 slides, and each slide advances automatically every 20 seconds (for a total time of 6:40). Since it began in 2003, PechaKucha has expanded to more than 500 cities around the world. San Antonio’s first PechaKucha Night was held in February, 2011, and has been a quarterly event ever since.
In San Antonio, PechaKucha has proved especially popular, with attendance regularly exceeding 300 people. We program a broad range of creative professionals, including visual artists, architects, authors, chefs, musicians, florists, potters, carpenters, and even an independent organic rancher.
The presenters for Vol 13 are:
1. Mike Casey, Urban Pioneer
2. Mark Schlesinger, Artist / www.markschlesinger.com
3. Danette Schweers, Emergency Veterinarian / www.animaler.net
4. Mary Cantu, Master Reuser / www.sparepartstudio.org
5. Ryan Beltran, Start-up Co-founder / http://elequatech.com/
6. Angela Michelle, Photographer / www.angelamphoto.wix.com
7. Doris Palmeros, Graphic Designer / www.dorispalmeros.com
8. Alex Rubio, Artist / www.avenue50studio.com
As with previous events, we will host a happy hour at 6:30 pm, with presentations starting at 7:30 pm. As in the past,snacks, Alamo Beer, and wine will be provided in appreciation for a $5 donation.
Once again, News 4 San Antonio’s Randy Beamer will emcee the event.
116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204
(210) 227-6960 | Contact Us | Hours
Blue Star Contemporary gratefully acknowledges major support from the City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development; The Lifshutz Family; Ann Griffith Ash; The Brown Foundation, Inc.; Charles C. Butt; Capital Group; Penelope Speier and Sonny Collins; H-E-B; Ricos Products Co., Inc.; Valero Energy Corporation; and Weston Urban. Additional essential support is provided by 1010 South Flores Lofts and 1111 Austin Highway Lofts; Argo Group; Bury, Inc.; Casa Rio & Schilo's; C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc.; Pat and Geof Edwards; Frost Bank; King William Association; Muñoz and Company; The NRP Group, LLC; Rackspace; Silver Eagle Distributors; Strasburger & Price, LLP; Texas Commission on the Arts; and the Community Partners, Members, Individual Donors, and Board of Directors of Blue Star Contemporary.
© Contemporary Art For San Antonio 2014
- Dec 13: