DateTuesday, February 25, 2014
LocationBlue Star Contemporary Art Museum
TicketsSuggested $5 Donation
- Sep 4: Caroline Santa: “Code-Mixing”
- Sep 4: Jennifer Datchuk: “Dark and Lovely”
- Sep 4: Catherine Lee: “Emergence ”
- Sep 4: Lané Pittard: “Reticence”
- Oct 2: Tommy Gregory: “Loading...”
- More »
- Sep 4:
Topographies of Grace
- More »
- Feb 28, 2014-Jan 31, 2015: Richard Hunt: “Art in the Garden 2014” (San Antonio Botanical Garden)
Seniors & B-Cycle Members: $3
Military, Veterans, Students with ID and Blue Star Members: Free
Blue Star hosts PechaKucha San Antonio Volume 13 on Tuesday, February 25th, 2014.
PechaKucha (Japanese for “chit chat”) is an event format developed by Tokyo’s Klein Dytham Architecture to encourage creative professionals to share projects and ideas that they are passionate about. Presentations follow a typical PowerPoint format, with the limitation that each presenter must have exactly 20 slides, and each slide advances automatically every 20 seconds (for a total time of 6:40). Since it began in 2003, PechaKucha has expanded to more than 500 cities around the world. San Antonio’s first PechaKucha Night was held in February, 2011, and has been a quarterly event ever since.
In San Antonio, PechaKucha has proved especially popular, with attendance regularly exceeding 300 people. We program a broad range of creative professionals, including visual artists, architects, authors, chefs, musicians, florists, potters, carpenters, and even an independent organic rancher.
The presenters for Vol 13 are:
1. Mike Casey, Urban Pioneer
2. Mark Schlesinger, Artist / www.markschlesinger.com
3. Danette Schweers, Emergency Veterinarian / www.animaler.net
4. Mary Cantu, Master Reuser / www.sparepartstudio.org
5. Ryan Beltran, Start-up Co-founder / http://elequatech.com/
6. Angela Michelle, Photographer / www.angelamphoto.wix.com
7. Doris Palmeros, Graphic Designer / www.dorispalmeros.com
8. Alex Rubio, Artist / www.avenue50studio.com
As with previous events, we will host a happy hour at 6:30 pm, with presentations starting at 7:30 pm. As in the past,snacks, Alamo Beer, and wine will be provided in appreciation for a $5 donation.
Once again, News 4 San Antonio’s Randy Beamer will emcee the event.
116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204
(210) 227-6960 | Contact Us | Hours
Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum gratefully acknowledges major support from the City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development, the Lifshutz Family, the National Endowment for the Arts, and Ricos Products Co., Inc. Additional essential support is provided by Alamo Beer, Alturas Foundation, Argo Group, Boeing Employee Community Fund, The Capital Group Company: Home of American Funds, Citrus at Hotel Valencia, H-E-B, Hotel Valencia, The Flohr Family Foundation, Frost Bank, The Arts Fund, Luther King Capital Management, Mission Pharmacal, Muñoz and Company, The NRP Group LLC, NuStar Energy LP, Rackspace, RBC, Republic National Distributing Company, Silver Eagle Distributors LP, The Smothers Foundation, Strasburger & Price, LLP, Texas Commission on the Arts, The Trust Company, Valero Energy, and the Community Partners, Members, Individual Donors, and Board of Directors of Blue Star Contemporary Art Museum.
© Contemporary Art For San Antonio 2014