DatesTuesday, August 28, 2012 — September 6, 2012
Time12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
LocationBlue Star Contemporary Art Center
- May 20:
Red Dot 2015
- More »
- Feb 28, 2015-Jun 1, 2015: “Icon ” (Semmes Library)
Seniors & B-Cycle Members: $3
Military, Veterans, Students with ID and Blue Star Members: Free
Call for entry: Super 8
Blue Star Contemporary Art Center is pleased to announce the open call for artist submissions for Super 8, an upcoming exhibition curated by Catherine Anspon, Fine Arts Editor of PaperCity magazine (Houston). The title is representative of four San Antonio artists and four Houston artists who will be included in the exhibition.
This highly anticipated exhibition in Blue Star's main gallery space opens with a reception at Blue Star Contemporary Art Center from 6 - 9 p.m. on Thursday, December 6, 2012 and will run through Saturday, February 16, 2013.
Please review the guidelines for submissions:
• Deadline for submissions is September 6, 2012.
• San Antonio artists must live in Bexar County.
• Each candidate may submit up to 10 different works for consideration. Please limit images of each work to 3.
• Submitting work via email to Brittany@bluestarart.org is preferable. Email each work (with up to 3 photos only) separately including name, title, date and dimensions in subject line. In another email, include your CV/resume, artist statement and a checklist of all materials emailed.
• Digital images must be high resolution.
• If mailing, please include in one packet: a CD of images, checklist of all materials in packet with image titles, date, medium, an artist statement and CV. Mailed submissions must be received by deadline.
• Mail submissions to: Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, 116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204 or e-mail to Brittany@bluestarart.org.
Candidates will be alerted as to the status of their submissions by no later than September 24, 2012. Please contact Brittany Parker, Program Assistant at Blue Star Contemporary Art Center, if you have any questions regarding submissions by e-mailing Brittany@bluestarart.org or calling 210-227-6960.
116 Blue Star, San Antonio, TX 78204
(210) 227-6960 | Contact Us | Hours
Blue Star Contemporary gratefully acknowledges major support from the City of San Antonio Department for Culture & Creative Development; The Lifshutz Family; Ann Griffith Ash; The Brown Foundation, Inc.; Charles C. Butt; Capital Group; Penelope Speier and Sonny Collins; H-E-B; Ricos Products Co., Inc.; Valero Energy Corporation; and Weston Urban. Additional essential support is provided by 1010 South Flores Lofts and 1111 Austin Highway Lofts; Argo Group; Bury, Inc.; Casa Rio & Schilo's; C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc.; Pat and Geof Edwards; Frost Bank; King William Association; Muñoz and Company; The NRP Group, LLC; Rackspace; Silver Eagle Distributors; Strasburger & Price, LLP; Texas Commission on the Arts; and the Community Partners, Members, Individual Donors, and Board of Directors of Blue Star Contemporary.
© Contemporary Art For San Antonio 2015